Monday, October 29, 2012

Low back pain

Believe it or not...my back - my low back hurts me for 5 months. It started in June and the pain was on and off... not constant... But it was often off, so that till next time my back started to hurt me, I forgot to go to the doctor.

Somewhere in September that pain becomes constant. It happened one morning - I woke up OK, no pain, nothing. Not 10 minutes after I woke up - I didn't move wrongly or something - my day became hell. 

I moved around like I ate a board. I cleaned my teeth kneeling by the sink. I drove myself to work, realising during the drive that my reflex are not as they should be. That frightnened me a little. But I managed to get there safe and sound. Getting into and out of my car was something not to be seen by anyone...

So I promised to myself I will have to visit the doctor. The question that arised was - WHEN?




I learned that my doctor, who I haven't seen for some years - is going or is already gone and retired... Nice...

Then J proposed to go to his doctor... Well, being at work already at 5:15 a.m. and working till - at least 3 p.m. --- well, I realised that I will have a new doctor only if he will make a call to my office... Sadly... isn't it?

Well, as we are all home this week - two days off national holidays and three days off on my account - as children having their Autumn or 'Potato' holidays as they call them, this was the only chance that I go and see J's doctor...

I don't eat pain killers - don't ask me why? I just don't... I eat them only if prescribed by the doctor... and if the pain is so hard, I can't live... But my pain treshold is so high... or am I just a little bit of masochist... I don't know...



Yeah, I wish... 

Woke up at 5 a.m. this morning - to make everything ringht and to get the children ready. Drove to the city and left the children at my mother in law for the time when we would have been at the doctors. 

Surprisingly, whew we went to the Medical centre I asked J if he is positive that the doctor works this week. He was 99% sure that he works. I asked him if he asked on Thursday when he was there. Yeah, sure he did!

So approximately half an hour later I learned that I woke up early --- for nothing. Doctor wasn't working and it will not work this week... 

Yes, I'm completely sure I will be able to see doctor only in case if he will make a call to my office...

10 comments:

  1. is there an internist or walk-in clinic that you could go to? anything would be better than what you are going through. I have two chronic pain conditions. I wish that there was some magic elixir that you could get to take the pain away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have walk in clinic, but everybody rather sees that you go to your own doctor...stupid system, but that's it... I wish there would be some magic potion too... :)

      Delete
  2. Oh no, Petra. Sending you lots of sympathy. Hope you manage to find another Dr. to help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di. That's just how it is. I hope I will manage to get to the doctor soon...

      Delete
  3. You really should get that seen to - maybe skip the doctor and go straight to a physio? I have a friendly physio who is the reason why I am not in a wheelchair like my daughter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Blue Sky, but... I know, I know - excuses, excuses - time is luxury I don't have... :o(

      Delete
  4. I hope you get there soon, pain can be very saddening. I always find if I make two wrong movements at the same time that I hurt my lower back. Rest is usually the answer for me, but easier said than done......sending you heart felt good wishes from Ireland:~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that too... :o) I really enjoyed my stay in Ireland... Love the countryside...

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want to relief your back pain or body pain then it is advisable for you to consult for a good chiropractor to do chiropractic practices.

    ReplyDelete