Sunday, August 12, 2012

Patrik said: "No!"

I didn't write much for the last few weeks. Not that nothing happened. I was just too tired to write. Yes, something like this happen to me too.

On Friday was my last working day. Now I have one week 'free of office'. I and J. will be able to spend some time (whole week) with our children. No work. We hope...

But I will get back to this in some other blog post. I came from work very late on Friday. I started at 5 a.m. and came home at 7 p.m. Who would thought about lunch. It was already time for supper. J. made pancakes (european style) and set down the table.

As Loris ate all the Nutella and not told us that - she just left the empty jar in the cabinet, we were left with nothing but home made figs marmelade (njami) and sour cream (J. fillings for the pancakes). 



We read all those past months that Patrik ate pancakes with different fillings of marmelade at kindergarten. At home he always ate pancakes with nothing. So, on Friday I offered him a spoon of figs marmelade. He looked at me and said:

"No." 

You can imagine my surprise. Without thinking I simply asked - as I would ask Loris: 
"No?" 

"No," he repeated. 

J. came to the table with his sour cream in his hands adn we looked at each other. Just as J sat on the chair, he asked Patrik the same question. 

Patrik looked at him and then his plate with pancake and firmly said:
"NO!" and started to eat.

Well, for one thing; Patrik until Friday, when he didn't want something, always used his hands to push the undesired item away. 

On Friday he spoke and told exactly ONE word. One, but so meaningful word.


Priceless. 

9 comments:

  1. WOW! Petra I am so glad for you and Patrik. I love hearing stories of hope, like this. :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love to read those stories too, but somehow I always had a feeling that good stuffs happen to other people, not me...

      Delete
  2. This is fantastic!! Great progress! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jointy. We are still very happy. X

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! Well done Patrik for using words in a meaningful manner in perfect context too. Congratulations Petra and Janez x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elisa. We were surprised because of it. Meaningful manner & perfect contex, all together.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic well done patrik , what a wonderful moment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic submit, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of this sector
    do not understand this. You should continue your writing.
    I'm confident, you have a great readers' base already!
    My website: dwi in california

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is great to read and so good that it happened at the start of your week off - hope the rest of the week was amazing too xx

    ReplyDelete