Thursday, August 16, 2012

Everthing is good for something...

... even the things that look bad or wrong at the time that happen.

We should have been in England this week. We should had to be on our way on Monday afternoon, but we stayed home. Everthing was planned organized and arranged. Ferry ticket from Calais to Dover have been bought (no refund in case of canceling or no show up), hotels booked (luckly cancelation on time with no fee to be paid), therapy evaluation for Patrik arranged. Everthing. 

But then... we faced the truth. We hit the brick wall. The cards were laid on the table.

Enough of metaphors? Simple. We run out of money.

We realised that just in time. The hit was not so hard. It could have been even harder.

So we stayed home. This morning, well for me it was in the middle of the night - Patrik woke up at 3 a.m. It was impossible to get him back to sleep. I went to his room and somehow managed to calm him down, so J. and Loris could have some sleep.

At 6:30 J. took Patrik to OT and I got some sleep. One whole hour, then Loris woke me up. As we spoke yesterday that we will go to the Coast today, I got up and phoned to... well, completely another story.

Not much later J. and Patrik came back home and J. went strait to the terrace to clean the leaves and open the pool. His mobile rung.

It was my mother in law. Her voice at the beginning was OK, but as soon as I answered to her question, she broke down. The worst had happened. What we fearded the most. Her Mom, J's Grandma and Loris and Patrik's Great Grandma passed away durring the night. 

Although it was something we expect to happen, as she was in and out of the hospital for the last few weeks a lot, it's still very sad. J. is handeling rather well. It looks like. Loris cried when I told her. She and my mother in law visited her the most. Patrik? Well, thinking back to this whole day...

Patrik is a good sleeper. He doesn't wake up much during the night. But he is very sensible. When J. spoke to his mother again, she told him that Omica (as we all called her) passed away at 3:30 a.m. That made me thinking. Did he knew? Did Patrik felt it? 
About two hours ago Patrik went to his room. As Loris had a visit, I heard Patrik crying . I wasn't wrong. When I went to his room to check on him, he was crying  all by himself. I checked if he hurt himself somehow but he didn't. The only explanation... he knows his Great Grandma passed away. We haven't told him directly and maybe that was a mistake...

For the first time we felt right that we didn't go to England...
 

5 comments:

  1. It's strange how things happen. I am very sorry you didn't get t come to England but also thinking of you through this difficult time. You know where I am if you want a chat xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy, for your kind words. I won't forget. x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Elisa. Sorry not to do our assignment... x

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to read this, Petra. Condolences to you all. x

    ReplyDelete