Sunday, May 13, 2012

Special Saturday - Friends

During my life I had many different friends. Friends come and go - this is the lesson I learned durring it. 

Some friends were 'with' me for more time than the other- but that's OK. People come in and go out of our lives when they are needed. One way or the other.

Of course it hurted in the past, when friends were gone. But I learned one more lesson. Those were not true and close friends. After a while I found out those were only passing through "friends" and I cannot be sad because they left. I have to be happy that they were with me for that long.

I have three close friends - who don't live so close. The closest one lives 30 kilometers away. Second closest lives 75 kilometers away and the last one - the one I know the longest - lives on the other side of the country.

I know those ladies for - well, two of them I know for more than 25 years and the 'last' one I know for around 15 years... At least I think so... :o)

They know each other, but they are not real friends. My friendship with those three ladies is somewhat peculiar. We take time off from our 'friendship' but not really - it only looks like it. We cannot hear, see or e-mail to eachother for several weeks, sometimes even months and in the past - some years passed, but...

... the minute we are together we are going on with our friendship as we never were apart. Funny, but thats the way we are.

I know and so does my husband, that one of my friends has always prepared a 'room' for me if anything might go wrong with my marriage. So I know I have a place to go. And that is nice to know.

But I have one more friend. I know him a little bit longer than a decade. It will be 5 years since we are married and yes, you're guessing right. It's my husband. We share almost everything... Why 'almost'? Well, as I don't share everything with other friends, some things are just mine.

He was the one who encouraged me to start publishing again. He was the one who stayed with me with our children, when we learned about our child's diability (although we were not married at that time). He's the one to whom I can give my love and share my joys, my failures, my fears... although I still cannot show him my tears - damn, I don't remember the last time I cried.

Nevertheless, I take him as my lover, my husband and maybe most important as my best friend

I think myself as a lucky one.


**********
This post is for Special Saturday, an online ‘global’ campaign that aims to raise awareness of children and adults living with special needs.
Follow on twitter - @Specialsat and retweeting hashtag - #specialsaturday
Read and follow the Special Saturday Blog -http://specialsaturday.org/home

No comments:

Post a Comment