Monday, March 26, 2012

Versatile Blogger award.... for me?...

... at first I thought it was a joke. But anyway I'm glad I got it. Actually it's my first 'blog award' ever. 

It was passed from Jontybabe, so "Thank you very much ." for it. 

As there are rules what you have to do, when you got it, I will copy them from her blog.

The rules of the award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award (checked)
2. Share seven things about yourself (see below)
3. Send it onto fifteen other bloggers you appreciate and let them know you have awarded it to them (see below)


So, seven things about myself. Hmm... OK, here we go:

1. When I was born, according to my mother I was nameless for three days. Reason? After three daughters my parents already had, they were 100% positive (I wonder what kind of technology they used almost 30+ years ago) the baby my mother was carrying would have been a boy. They had a name for it - Jure. Well, no luck. It was a girl - ME! After three days in the hospital my mother finally came up with my name.

2. At age 2,5 years I almost drowned in the sea. We were on our holidays - and again, according to my mother, they just couldn't managed to get me out of the water. So I was put on a water air cushion and they had a peace from me. But... yes, there is always a but... I managed to fell of the cushion one day and it took them quite a while to notice that I was gone - under water. When some lady near by drag me out it seemed I was OK. Luckily I was. Only fear my mother had was that I will be afraid of water. Again, no luck. My mother told me that in the minute I was dry, I run back into the water and back on the cushion. And still this day - I love see immensely.

3. They said that I was a 'smart' kid, but lazy to learn. As long as I have the possibility to do all my studying in the school - I did them. Later during my primary school the learning system changed and we were not able to do our studying at school - my school end year grade fell for one grade. Only then I learned that I have to study at home. (#(%=#??#*#?#)

4. I love horses and I wanted to study how to run the horse stable. As in our country I was not able to study this, I applied for a one in England.  And they took me in. Unfortunately I didn't go. Reason? My pride. I will not bother you with it.

5. I'm very strange person - I like different kind of animals that others dislike. Some of them are snakes & ravens. I wanted to buy myself a Royal Python. Well, I didn't as my father said if I got one he will never visit me again. 

6. I wanted to work on a cruise ship as a gems seller and got a position. I didn't go. Reason? I met my future husband that month. :o)

7. Last but not least - I LOVE BOOKS. - But this is a theme for a whole new blog post.

Ufff... done! It was not easy.

Now - the third rule from this award. Fell free not to do it. I think it is fun. 
Here are fifteen blogs I read and enjoy. Written in random  order:

1. Baby number 5
2. Autism remediation for our children
3. Being Paul's Mom
4. Lady of Leisure!
5. Looking for Blue Sky
6. Looking in / Looking out
7. Okesanne
8. The Bright Side of Life
9. Kate says stuff
10. Food for Thought - adventures in the not Nigella and not Jamie kitchen  
11. Mystar
12. Sharing stories
13. Pisana rokodelnica
14. The life and Times of Team Kitchen
15. Pikasta presenečenja







     

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Petra. I am glad to see my blog on your list!! :D Can't wait to see what sort of books you read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Petra, loved reading all about you! Well done on a great post. A well deserved award! x

    ReplyDelete