Saturday, March 24, 2012

One Thousand Two Hundred And Thirty Days

That is how long does it takes to get an answer from our Ministry for Health. I'm not joking.

In year 2008 we (Janez & I) sent and application with request that we don't want to vaccine Patrik anymore. The thing is, all children in our country must be vaccined to several different diseases.
Patrik was vaccined  three timesat his age of 6, 7 and 10 months. All thise three vaccines were against Diphteria, Tetanus, Pertussis, H. influenzae type b and Poliomyelitis. 
When it was time to vaccine him against the Morbilli, Parotitis and Rubella, we said 'NO!'. Not because of Autism. We didn't know about it at Patrik's age of 1 year. We said NO because of the suspicion on Allergy on eggs.  
Although that one was not confirmed later, when the results came back, we alreday had our suspicions on Autism, so we said NO, once more. No more vaccination for Patrik.

We are not altogether against the vaccination. Loris was and is vaccined according to the plan. But as long as we have something to say, Patrik will not be vaccined. Again.

So, back then, in year 2008 we sent the application and at the end of October (same year) we got back their demand to fullfil the application with several different documents. We did. We had sent them also the request for the meeting the Committee. That was on 23rd October 2008.

Nothing happened for a year. Patrik pediatritian wanted an answer, so I called them. I was connected through so many people I lost track. Then finally I got the right person on the phone. I told her again why I was calling and she really nicely (I'm NOT sarcastic) explained to me, it will take some time to get back the final answer. Reason was, the Goverment gives them not enough money to solve all the applications. That they can solve only - I believe I remember it right - forty three applications per year. That I don't need to worry as I don't need to vaccine my son, until I don't get back their decision. 

Alrighty then!

I told Patrik's pediatritian what I have been told and she made remarks in Patriks medical record. 

And we waited and waited, and waited... and...

As Patrik was supposed to go to the school last fall, he was invited to see another pediatritian for the exam. She asked me about vaccination and I explained her that he is not and will be not vaccined. I told her our reasons. She understood; my fear that Patrik's condition might get worse after the vaccination is much stronger than my fear, Patrik might get one or more diseases.

We waited some more. Until the beginning of this months. A letter came. Blue one. On Janez's name. We didn't know what was in it, as Janez had to collect it. We just got the note as we were at work. We suspected what was in the letter. So Janez went to the post office two days later, when he had time.

After reading it I didn't know should I laugh or should I be mad.

It was almost the same letter we got 1.230 days ago. They demanded new documents and findings to proceed with the application. We needed to do that in 14 days after we received the letter. 

At first I didn't know what to do, but then I thought of something. This is what we sent them back.
************
Dear Sir/Madam, 

after nearly four years, we received your request for additional documentation on our proposal after cessation of vaccination for our son Patrik Ian Rovere.

New medical documentation doesn't change anything. Our son is still diagnosed with Autism, for which we also made ​​an application for suspension of vaccination.

At the same time with this reply, we send you also request for an interview before the Board of vaccination in accordance with Article 22.c of the Law of infectious diseases. This same request we made ​​in year 2008, but until now we have not been invited for an interview.

Sincerely,
 our signitures from both of us

*************
I wonder how long it will take this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment