Friday, November 11, 2011

Unicorns & Downs

The questions that arises is - what they have in common? 

Nothing.

Few days ago I helped Loris cleaned her room and what I found in the middle of her mess was a small sitemap with picture of a unicorn. My unicorn. There were times when I collected them. She found it somewhere and store it in her room. I guess she thought I will never find it. Ever.

The memories came back to me. 

Before I turned the map around I knew what I will find on the other side. Words came back to my memory before I saw them again. They are not my words. Who wrote them I don't know. I don't even know when they were written. Nor where did I find them. I doubt it was internet. Unfortunatly or fortunatly (it depends on point of view) I was not so keen about internet. I can't even remember if I had computer back then. I suppose not. 

But those words helped me to move on two decades ago and they are helping me now. In the mean time I stored them in my mind as they arose from my memory in an instant.


When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

I tried to find the author now, but I haven't found him/her nowhere. On every web page says it is unknown, so I'm gratefull for them to some stranger. 
We got the answer today from the Commision of the Institute of Education. It was... they don't have an answer. The next meeting they will have in December. To be precise on 15th of December. Great! One more month of nerve war...

5 comments:

  1. Nice poem http://www.thedontquitpoem.com/thePoem.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful , I am pleased it helped you and still is helping you. thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful poem. Thank you so much for sharing that x

    ReplyDelete