Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Battle begins: You win or... you stay without diagnosis

(The story continues: "No, not my son. He is ok. You will see.")

I never thought I would had to raise my voice, but I had to. I tried to stay calm for almost 20 minutes - almost my whole lunch time - but at the end I had to treaten. As I had finished conversation with my sister, I called the pediatritian. I got her on the phone but instead of helping me, she was... not quite nice.

I asked her nicely for the referral, she declined. I told her that I made some calls around and I got an appointment, but I have to have referral. Again she declined. I asked her when can we expect a referral for the developmental pediatritian in our medical center. The answer I got was, 6 - 8 months. We had hard discousion. 

I walked outside our company's main boulding - on the parking lot - and speaking on my mobile. Here and there I cought glimpses of my colleagues on their windows, but they were only glimpses. 

Pleaded our pediatritian again. She refused. I asked her for the reason. It was, she can not give me the referral for the service which our medical center provides. This says in their policy. I couldn't believe.  

"As far as I know, no policy is above the law. And law gives me permision to take my child anywhere I want and who do I want." Where I found those words... what made me to say this... I don't know. What was her answer I don't remember, I just know that I told her, if I will not get the referral, we will talk somewhere else.

I hang up my mobile.

For 15 seconds. 

Called Janez. Explaned everything.

"Now I will have to be the big bad wolf?" he asked me. 

"You are his father. Do something. And don't come back home without it." 

As my lunch time ended, I had to go back behind my desk. With no lunch. That was the price.

I haven't picked up my pencile yet, when my mobile rang again. It was not two minutes later. It was Janez with infomation that he got a call from the medical center. 

The referral was waiting for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment